Lemon Herb Chicken Penne
A delicious use of our Whole Grain Penne Pasta!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 2 c thrive whole grain penne pasta
- 1⁄2 T garlic
- 2 T olive oil, divided
- 2 T thrive chopped onions (fd)
- 1⁄2 c white wine
- 1 3⁄4 c thrive seasoned chicken slices
- 1⁄2 c thrive broccoli (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive green peas (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive red bell peppers (fd)
- 1⁄4 c thrive mushroom pieces (fd)
- 1 3⁄4 c water
- 3 t thrive chicken bouillon
- 1 T thrive italian seasoning blend (fd)
- 1 t thrive chef’s choice seasoning blend
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 c thrive tomato dices (fd)
- 1 c parmesan cheese, shredded
Cook and cool pasta (drizzle with additional oil to keep from sticking). Sweat garlic with half of olive oil. Add onions and stir. Add white wine and chicken and let reduce until liquid is almost gone.
Add all remaining vegetables except tomatoes. Add water and bouillon and cook for about 5 minutes. Add pasta and cook another 1–2 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients and toss together.
Featured Summit Saturday 2013 recipe.