The Great Summer Zucchini Challenge is on!
The zucchini’s are coming off at a furious pace and now I’m trying every creative way I can think of to use them up before they take over!
This recipe is super easy…pretty much throw everything together in a baking dish and in the oven it goes….
1. 1 large zucchini or several medium size – chopped
2. 1 medium onion – chopped or THRIVE Chopped Onion – reconstituted
3. 1.5 cups THRIVE Sausage Crumbles
4. 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs and a little extra to sprinkle on top
5. 2 cups Shredded Cheese – I used a Jack/Cheddar mix or THRIVE Cheese’s of choice
6. 12-14 Fresh Eggs or THRIVE Whole Egg Powder – reconstituted
7. 1 tbsp THRIVE Italian Seasoning Blend
8. 1 tsp Garlic Powder
9. Salt and Pepper to taste.
10. THRIVE Parsley Flakes sprinkled on top.
1. Put the chopped zucchini in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2-4 mins. I just wanted to give the zucchini a head start cooking.
2. Prepare a 9×12 baking dish. I used Coconut Spray Oil.
3. Put the microwaved zucchini in the baking dish. There will be some water in the bottom of the bowl. Don’t worry when you add in the THRIVE Sausage Crumbs next it’ll will soak that up.
4. After adding the THRIVE Sausage Crumbs, add in the chopped onion. Mix around a bit
5. Add in the Panko Bread Crumbs, THRIVE Italian Herbs, and Garlic Powder…mix around a bit.
6. Then add in half the cheese and mix around a bit.
7. Blend the eggs together then pour over the evenly over the top and mix around a bit.
8. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top, followed by a little Panko Bread Crumbs and THRIVE Parsley Flakes.
9. Bake 350 degrees for 30-45 mins until firm and nicely browned on top.
The top is crunchy and the rest is melted gooeyness!
Enjoy… Thrive on!