THRIVE 4 Berry Filling
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
Splenda to taste – I used 5 packets
1-tbsp Blanched Almond Flour for thickening
Mix all ingredients together in a Ziploc bag and allow to re-hydrate while working on the biscuit dough.
Basic Paleo Biscuit Dough ~ From “Paleo Comfort Foods” by Julie and Charles Mayfield
6 large egg whites or THRIVE Egg Whites – reconstituted per lable
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
3/4 cup Blanched Almond Flour
1-tsp Baking Powder
1.5-Tbsp Butter or Coconut Oil
dash of Salt
THRIVE Honey Crystals to sprinkle on top
1. In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until they are very frothy.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the two flours and baking powder and then with a fork, cut in the butter (or coconut oil) and add Salt if using. You want to make a crumbly mixture. Let this sit in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
4. Remove flour/butter mixture from refrigerator, and gently fold in the egg whited, stirring to combine.
5. Mold into a ball, use a little Almond flour for dusting if need be. Flatten out to fit top of baking dish.
6. Place berry mix in 8×8 baking dish.
7. Place biscuit dough on top. No need to spread out to the sides. This lets the berry juices bubble up while baking.
8. Bake 25-30 minutes. (I baked mine in a loaf size pan. Just as I was getting this dish ready my range croaked so I had to punt and bake the cobbler on the grill)