- 1 pound dried split peas
- 1 ham bone or ham hock
- 2/3 cup THRIVE chopped onions
- 2/3 cup THRIVE chopped celery
- 2/3 cup THRIVE chopped carrots
- 2/3 cup THRIVE chopped spinach
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound ham, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp Cholula Hot Sauce
- 8 cups water
- 3 capful’s of Knorr Liquid Bouillon
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 cups heavy cream
Place the peas, THRIVE carrots, celery and onion in a large pot or bowl, cover with 6 cups water and simmer about 20 mins. Drain any excess water.
Add peas and THRIVE veggies to pot, water, bouillon and the rest of the ingredients except the heavy cream. Simmer a couple hours until meat comes off the ham bone. Remove ham bone and bay leaves. Return chopped ham from the bone to the pot.
Add 2 cups of heavy cream. Partially puree with a stick blender.